RESEARCH DATA ANALYST
Gender Ink x Project Infinity would like to conduct a countrywide survey on the implementation of gender mainstreaming in organisations in Kenya. This is a contractor/consultant position that will be paid in two deliverables, completion of research with verified respondents and data analysis report. This is a 1-2 months project on a justified basis.
- Lead data collection and support and implementation as needed, including for both qualitative and quantitative data collection efforts;
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and summarize data to generate statistical and analytical reports.
- Coordinate, develop, initiate, and respond to information and data to allow for evidence-based and data-informed policy.
- Come up with policy and action suggestions based on research and analytics.
- Write policy briefs
- Responsible for assessing research requirements and utilizing improved tactics for appropriate statistical programming and analysis.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, gender and development studies, statistics or any other related area.
- 3+ years of experience in research, data analysis, and gender mainstreaming.
- Experience coordinating and supporting gender equality research studies and data collection required.
- Familiarity with gender transformative research and evaluation methods.
- Experience with data analysis and cleaning.
- Experience successfully solving complex and dynamic problems required.
- Experience managing complex relationships and multi-stakeholder projects required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional reasoning and strategic problem-solving abilities
- Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse individuals across all levels of the organization
- Ability to deeply understand and operate sensitively within various local cultural contexts
- Ability to build relationships and communicate in a way sensitive to diversity in backgrounds and beliefs (e.g., racial, cultural, socioeconomic, political,)
- Have a strong orientation toward diversity, equity, and inclusiveness in approaching research and team building.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili is required